Saturday, June 06, 2009

Two More Jane Block

I felt like I was neglecting my Jane quilt. And I really don't want to be rushing it at the end. So here are two more blocks.

G-5 Poof (06/04/09)
G-5 Poof (06/04/09)

E-5 Rising Sun (06/03/09)"
E-5  Rising Sun (06/03/09)

I feel like I'm plowing through the applique blocks and will be left with all piecing. I will try to leave some applique for the end. Since it is my favourite part.

Off to Montreal today for a potluck with friends from high school. Should be fun. I'm going to try and get another block ready to hand applique. I know I just said I was going to save them, but one more can't hurt right...hehe I might be addicted to applique.

I've actually chosen my next applique project. Something from the lovely ladies of Piece O' Cake. Oh and while I'm talking about them, they've got a new book coming out. I'm very excited about this one. It's called Applique Outside the Lines. Check out the photos of the quilts in the book!

5 comments:

Bangkok Mom Quilts said...

Sarah, You did a great job on DJ project. I am neglecting this long time ago but still enjoy your wip.Hopefully I can catch up sooner:-)
I love this pink strawberry block,so cute. Lin

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns por seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre nossa luta contra o comunismo no Brasil. Abração

Unknown said...

They look great! I'm behind again too. And thanks to this quilt, I have discovered a love for hand applique.. it's so fun!

Jilly's Space said...

Hi Sarah! It was so nice to meet you and your mom on the vermont quilt festival outing :o)
I look forward to seeing your udated DJ blocks, you do wonderful work!!
Jillian :o)

Deb said...

I just love those itty bitty strawberries on that block!! excellent piecing!! I too have to get back into DJ..busy with mini's and UFO's
Have a great time at pot luck they are the best meals!!