I've been sewing all day. I finally picked an idea for my doll quilt for the Doll Quilt Swap #7 over on flickr. The difference this time, is that my partner may be a bit more subdued with their colour taste, so I am going out on a limb here and scaling back my crazy super-saturation a bit. Oh the agony...just kidding, I like it too. As you may know, I always make two. This time will be no exception.
I am doing Dresden fans. in aqua, red, light pink, and fuchsia with possibly some mauve purple, and for sure some white.
I have redone the block layout a million times. So I decided that I'm just going to go for it and make the blocks, and then figure it out after.
No sewing day is complete without some good watching material. Today was no exception. Gilmore Girls Season 6.
I decided to machine baste, since I have 16 blocks to hand appliqué, I figured I should try and save time wherever possible. Also this will keep the pieces from shifting.
All ready to hand appliqué!
I love this swap!