Sunday, December 27, 2009

Busy Busy

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I was busy knitting like a crazy person. The second week of December I was so sick. Home in bed. But I did get some knitting done.

Socks for Dad

Socks for Dad

These are just K2 P2 rib in Cascades 220 Superwash. I followed the instructions and formulas from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. These are my first every pair of socks and they fit him perfectly, so if you make a guage swatch and follow the sizing charts, it should all work out. I'm about to start a pair for me outta sock weight crazy bright self-striping yarn.

Then on the 15th of December I started Ishbel for my Mom. My first ever lace project. I think I knit and frogged and knit this thing twice over. But I finished it on time despite people telling me it would never be done. I did it! Yay me! The yarn is Superwash Sock in Coastal colourway from SweetGeorgia. They are from Vancouver BC Canada! Beautiful stuff hand dyed to order!

Ishbel for Mom

Ishbel for Mom

And now my knitting confidence is growing with each project. I decided to tackle the wonderful Foliage hat from Knitty. I have loved this hat forever, but never thought I had the skills to make it. Once you knit a lace shawl in a week, you'd be surprised how much more confident you feel. So yesterday I made the hat from start to finish. It is made of Malabrigo Chunky from someone's stash in ravelry. So glad she was selling it. It didn't even use the whole skein. The colour is called Floral but I have dubbed it Strawberry Lemonade.

And here I am haming it up for the photo shoot. Ignore the chipmunk cheeks. Still trying to hide the braces.

My Strawberry Lemonade Foliage Hat

I've also been trying to catch up on bee blocks. Hoping to start the new year with a clean slate. See y'all later gotta go do some more sewing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the "strawberry lemonade" hat and I wish I could knit socks!
PS - I didn't get braces until I was 30, it was so worth it.