Monday, June 12, 2006

Yet another ode to sewing

another sewing shrine

Last week was absolute mayhem, I was having trouble focusing on the simplest of task, breaking everything and just overall having a rough week. In hopes of regrouping I made it a long weekend and took today off. Got some cleaning done in the sewing room and made this for my corner at work. My workspace is very bland, so I’m trying to inject some of my weird quirky craftiness. Not sure what my coworkers are going to think. Hoping they get the intended gaudiness :)

I really like making these things. The best part being that I get to make use of all of the embellishments I’ve been hoarding but not using. Not to mention they take a lot less time than any of my quilting projects. :) I have this cool sectioned wooden box with a glass lid that I’m thinking of using for the next one. It is much bigger so I think I’m going to have to plan it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The shrines turned out great!! Gaudy in the proper shrine way but so very artistic and modern - FUN!!!